Here we will look at Masturbation Effects on Health. While it is not a subject that is normally discussed in daylight, many people indulge in it privately and it is therefore important to know the dangers of masturbation, its negative and positive effects on your health. Our’s is to inform, your role is to decide what’s best and positive for your health. Note that this article is strictly for informative purpose only and does not directly encourage or discourage but is aimed at keeping your health in check.
Masturbation is a term used to refer to the self-stimulation of genital organs, by both men and women, in most cases, to the point of getting an orgasm. According to health experts, “forty percent of adolescent girls, and between sixty and ninety percent of boys in this age group take part in regular masturbation”
Even though the attitude held by many people towards masturbation varies a lot, there has been no scientific evidence collected so far, to show that masturbation can harm you emotionally, physically, or psychologically. For most youngsters, masturbation provides them with the chance to explore sexually in private, before they can make the decision to engage in sexual activities with other people.
Readers may also look at;
Given the fact that the world is currently filled with all kinds of diseases and conditions, masturbation is considered to be the safest type of sex, when it comes to helping prevent the transmission of diseases, such as HIV.
According to a majority of health care professionals, “masturbation provides individuals with the chance to explore, and express their sexuality, while at the same time being able to release the accumulated sexual tensions, without exposing themselves to the numerous risks that are associated with engaging in sexual intercourse”
They agree that masturbation is a normal and natural way, which individuals can use to ease sexual depression and participate in self-exploration.
Masturbation Effects on Health
- Masturbation Effects on Health
- Female Masturbation side effects
- Male masturbation side effects
- General side effects of masturbation
- Dangers of masturbation in male and female
- How to stop masturbate for men and women
- 1. Aim to stay busy and focused at all times
- 2. Make a plan to avoid masturbating during your go-to times of each day
- 3. Limit your isolation
- 4. Desist from watching porn
- 5. Be patient and persistent
- Daily masturbation effects on health
- Effects of masturbation on face
- Effects of masturbation on body building
Currently, there is no credible medical or scientific evidence, which shows that manual masturbation can be harmful to a person’s mental or physical health. The only exception to this is the Peyronie’s disease. In this disease, it has been seen that aggressive manipulation, such as twisting or bending of the penis, and inversion during the adolescent phase can result in benign tumor that is localized, and which then distorts the appearance of the penis.
- In addition, contrary to some of the myths in existence today, regular masturbation does not cause genital shrinkage, blindness, or make the palms hairy. There has also been allegations that masturbation can reduce sensitivity in the man’s penis. It is a false statement as there has been no factual research to support the allegation.
When looking at the Masturbation Effects on Health, some of the side effects that have been recorded included soreness or tiredness as a result of repeated masturbation. This has been known to make constant masturbation self-limiting.
- Additionally, it has been noted that the volume of the ejaculate is reduced temporarily after the man has had multiple ejaculations. Researchers looking into the Masturbation Effects on Health however found out that the normal semen levels are regained within a day or two.
People who come from a religious or socially conservative background have been known to experience guilt feelings during or after the masturbation exercise.
Female Masturbation side effects
While looking at the masturbation effects on health, it is only fair to have a look at the kind of side effects that regular masturbation can have on the female body. Firstly, it is vital to note that habitual masturbation does not imply that the woman doing it is a sexual addict.
Women with high sex drives often feel more aroused as compared to other women. It is especially true when it comes to younger women, for whom environmental cues, visual entertainment, the internet, and hormonal levels happen to be quite high.
Female masturbation and sexual fatigue
As a woman, even if you do not happen to be addicted to sex, too much masturbation may lead to unfortunate physical consequences. Due to over stimulation, your G-spot, vagina, and clitoris could lose sensitivity, and this may make it more susceptible to injuries and infections. It is a condition known as sexual exhaustion.
When the case is severe, it can lead to abrasions occurring on your vagina, and this may cause you to experience excruciating pain when engaging in sexual intercourse, or when masturbating. Abstaining from this practice will enable your body to recover from the exhaustion.
Mitochondria fatigue and masturbation
As we look into the masturbation effects on health, it is only fair to look at the kind of effect that it may have on your mitochondria. It is normal for you to experience fatigue after you have had an orgasm. It is therefore not uncommon to feel tired after you have masturbated.
- However, if severe fatigue is not attributed to physical exertion, or does not follow your masturbation session, this can be a symptom of mitochondria fatigue. It is a form of chronic exhaustion that is not linked to the diminishing functions of your mitochondria (mitochondria are the microscopic structures, which assist in producing energy in the cells that are inside your body).
As such, you will find the excessive masturbation may contribute to mitochondria fatigue, and this may cause tiredness that is greater than normal, after you experience an orgasm.
- People who masturbate on a frequent basis may experience irritability and mood swings arising from the mitochondria fatigue, and this can only be relieved by masturbating.
Obviously, there is a chance that this will lead to a cycle that is both debilitating and frustrating, as it is loaded with sexual tension, release, and exhaustion (physical).
- When it is in its most severe form, this kind of fatigue will lead to the emergence of symptoms that are similar to those exhibited when a person has a flu or cold. If you do not treat it, the fatigue will become worse with time, and may lead to complete debilitation.
Getting enough sleep, as well as making sure that you reduce your frequency of masturbation will assist in alleviating the exhaustion that you are experiencing. If this fatigue continues, it is recommended that you try out herbal solutions such as Tumeric root, as they will assist in re-energizing your mitochondria.
Relationship fatigue and mitochondria
In cases where masturbation does not lead to significant problems such as mitochondria fatigue and sexual exhaustion, masturbating too often may still cause problems to your relationships.
- While looking at the masturbation effects on health, experts have noted that frequent masturbators will in many cases have a problem when it comes to performing with their real-life sex partners.
This is attributed to the fact that these women have conditioned their minds and bodies to self-stimulation, which leads to a quick release. As such, the women no longer regard sex sessions as shared experiences.
In a woman, it is something that can lead to an inability to reach sexual orgasm as well as lead to complete lack of sexual desire. When you snuff out this spark in your bedroom, you will find that problems such as breakdown in communication, insecurity, and distrust will start to arise.
Male masturbation side effects
Having looked at the effects, it has on the female body; let us look at the masturbation effects on health, when practiced by men. Given that masturbation is a noxious habit, men regularly practice it across the globe. Today, it is a practice that has corrupted the life of many young men, with many taking part in regular, or daily masturbation sessions.
- In a bid to understand the masturbation effects on health, experts looking into this topic found that men are controlled by three main factors: environmental, emotional, and hormonal factors.
It has been established that the environmental and hormonal factors can become less changed, while the individual can to some extent control the emotional factor.
- One of the major effects of this practice is that it creates drowsiness. After ejaculating, you will find yourself going to sleep for most of the time, and as explained earlier, you may find your body experiencing tiredness.
Additionally, your body will also become weak, as the calcium and the proteins will be drained from your body.
- When a man masturbates, the body releases some seminal fluids. The fluids contain proteins, which are essential for cell formation, as well as performance of many metabolic activities.
In the human body, the proteins are the most important building blocks that there is, and when you ejaculate, they diminish. You may therefore find yourself becoming lean, and this in the process distracts the formation of muscles in the body.
- If looking for information on masturbation effects on health, it is important to note that too much masturbation may lower your sperm count.
It is something that can negatively affect couples that are trying to get pregnant. As such, it is recommended that couples trying to start a family desist from masturbation, as it may prove to be counterproductive.
General side effects of masturbation
Health experts consider masturbation to be a behavior that is healthy, provided that it is not overdone. In most cases, men limit their masturbation sessions to three times each week, while there are others that are tempted to do it more often.
- Like everything else in life, over masturbating it may lead to physiological and psychological imbalances, which may negatively influence your life.
For those looking for details on the masturbation effects on health, it is important to note that masturbation cannot make your blind, or kill you, if you do not over practice it. Some doctors have been known to recommend masturbation to their patients in a bid to improve their experiences, as well as promote a person’s health.
However, abusive masturbation can harm the male and female body in the following ways:
- Mood swings and stress
- Insomnia and sleep disturbance
- Weak or soft erections
- Premature ejaculations that is sometimes accompanies by excessive precum
- Fuzzy vision or eye floaters
- Performance anxiety attacks
- Discomfort or pain in the lower back
- Thinning hair
- Insulin resistance and suppressed immunity
- Testicular pain and pain in the groin
Dangers of masturbation in male and female
Even though masturbation may at times be recommended by doctors to assist patients with their sexual lives, it may also pose some dangers. A new study has shown that men who masturbate on a frequent basis are at risk of developing prostate cancer.
According to the study conducted by the University of Nottingham, “it was established that men who masturbated a lot in their early twenties, had a thirty-four percent chance of developing prostate cancer by the time they got to their sixties”
- For women, it has been noted that frequent masturbation may lead to them not enjoying sexual sessions with their partners. Most women claim that the orgasms they derive from their own touch tend to be more intense as compared to those that they get from engaging in sex.
When a woman masturbates often, it may come to a point where she is no longer able to derive orgasms from sexual intercourse. It is something that can ruin a marriage, or a relationship, as the other person may end up feeling inadequate.
How to stop masturbate for men and women
Having looked at the masturbation effects on health discussed above, you may feel the need to stop the habit completely, or reduce the frequency with which you masturbate. If you do, you will find that these points will come in handy in helping you achieve this fete:
1. Aim to stay busy and focused at all times
You need to ensure that you fill your life with activities that are engaging. Taking part in new activities brings with it new excitement, which will help you resist the urge to masturbate. Additionally, it will provide you with a go-to distraction the next time that you get tempted to masturbate. To achieve this, you can try the following:
1. Be creative
Sublimation, the process of converting sexual urges into a creative output is one, which sages and monks have relied upon for very many years. For this to happen, you can start playing a musical instrument, start writing, draw, paint, or engage in tasks that make you feel that you are doing something productive with your time.
2. Take part in sports
To excel in sports, it takes persistence and discipline. You need to ensure that you develop an interest in activities such as swimming, playing football, running, or taking part in-group activities. Additionally, exercising will make it possible for you to become happier, release tension, and avoid being tempted to masturbate.
3. Eat a balanced and healthy diet
Vegetables and fruits provide your body with very many nutrients that are beneficial to your body. You need the nutrients to increase your energy levels, which will ensure that you remain active throughout the entire day. It is recommended that you reduce your intake of aphrodisiac food items such as chili peppers, avocados, chocolate, and oysters.
4. Make sure you get adequate sleep
When trying to locate information on the masturbation effects on health, you will find that the urge to masturbate can be really strong at certain hours. To help you in fighting these urges, you will need to make sure that you get enough sleep each night. For those that forget to go to bed within a reasonable hour, they have to make sure that they set an alarm to remind them to go to sleep when the time comes.
2. Make a plan to avoid masturbating during your go-to times of each day
For people who experience problems taking showers or sleeping, they need to refrain from all temptation to engage in masturbation. For example, if the problem is common during late night hours, you can drop to your bedroom floor and perform some push-ups until you become exhausted. This will allow you to doze off immediately.
If you find your bathing time to be tempting, switch from taking warm showers, and start taking cold showers. It will ensure that you do not have enough time to masturbate. Taking a cold shower provides you with an additional benefit in that you not only save water, but you also get to save time.
3. Limit your isolation
If the reason you masturbate frequently is because you have a lot of time alone, try to find ways in which you can become socially engaged. It may require you to join as many clubs as possible, or take up activities in school or at work, that will ensure that you are never alone.
Going out to public places will also help in limiting your urge to masturbate. For example, instead of watching a football game at home all alone, consider heading to the nearest sports bar. It will help reduce the time that you have to yourself, which is when you get tempted to masturbate.
4. Desist from watching porn
For many people, the reason they masturbate too much is because they are able to access porn within a few seconds from their computers.
If you find that you do not have the willpower to stop accessing porn from the computer, consider additional measures, which will ensure that you do not get access to the material. For instance, you can:
- Consider finding and installing a porn blocking program on your computer.
- If you already have a physical collection of porn on your phone or computer, this will be the time to dispose it.
- Try to get some help. There are porn addiction apps in the market today, which have been designed to rewire your brain so that you start craving real connection, instead of watching porn
5. Be patient and persistent
Trying to stop masturbation is not something that can be accomplished within a single day. It is a process that will require commitment, and you might finding yourself relapsing and making mistakes every once in a while.
However, the real struggle comes in persevering. Therefore, make a commitment today, and you will find yourself making very few mistakes later on. You can even consider setting up a reward system where you reward yourself for resisting the urge to masturbate whenever it comes about.
Daily masturbation effects on health
Masturbation is an activity in which many people partake, but which very few people are willing to talk about openly. Even though it is considered taboo in many locations across the world, history shows that masturbation has been around for a very long time, and is not going away soon.
It is a known fact that the most obvious side of this practice is that it feels good, but very few people ever realize that this pastime can bring with it a number of side effects. The masturbation effects on health are both good and bad.
1. Stress and pain relief
Like all other sexual activities, masturbation leads to the release of endorphins in the body. Endorphins are chemical properties, which are known to assist in promoting a sense of happiness, and in the process, helps in doing away with stress.
According to Dr. Jordan Tishler, a medical expert with inhaleMD.com, “masturbation in some cases provides a sense of insight and greater self-awareness in some people”
Additionally, the calming effects derived from masturbating can also help a person enjoy better sleep. In some cases, it can assist women reduce the pain that is associated with menstruation as well as postmenopausal intercourse.
2. It can lead to addiction
According to Dee Wagner, who is a licensed counselor, frequent masturbation can in some cases serve as a way for people to avoid becoming intimate with others, and in the end, this may lead to anxiety.
You will also find that masturbation can stimulate your brain to become addicted to the chemistry that is derived from having an orgasm. This is not only bad for your health, but becoming addicted to the orgasms may make you to require more stimulation in the future, to be able to achieve the same set of results, and this can lead to bodily harm.
Effects of masturbation on face
Serious Possible masturbation effects on health may include the eyes going into deep, and changing their appearance. People who have masturbated for a long time may have noted their eyes changing their colors, as well as starting to develop circles around them.
Apart from the dark circles, there is also a possibility that the glow your face had may start to fade away, which will in the long term reduce your beauty.
Effects of masturbation on body building
When you are trying to build muscles by lifting weights, it is highly recommended that you do not engage in masturbation. When you masturbate, it leads to ejaculation. Too much ejaculation is not good for your body, as well as your body-building goal.
After too much ejaculation, dopamine is released into your body. Immediately these happens, you find yourself becoming unmotivated, and in the process, you will be unwilling to take part in anything. You therefore find yourself not working out as often as you should be doing.
Here is a video on masturbation effects on health and how to stop masturbation;